"It's great fun and the designs are everything I hoped they would be--a varied assortment of styles and fibers."--Caroline from California
"This is a fabulous program--I got my money's worth already!"--Peg from Maryland
"I am really loving these patterns!!!" --Jane from Nova Scotia
It's not too late to join the International Year of the Scarf Club!
When you join now, you will receive: 1. The January, February , March , April, May, and June scarf patterns and the Haiti Scarf pattern 2. Technique Sheets that accompany many of the patterns 3. Monthly newsletters with additional information about the countries of the International Year of the Scarf and their knitting and textile traditions
View the Collection of the International Year of the Scarf Club to date: IYS Collection
The scarf, a perfect template for:
- Playing with colour, texture, and form
- Exploring various knitting constructions
- Experimenting with stitch patterns
- Learning a host of different techniques
The International Year of the Scarf patterns will include all new patterns and
will be available only through my website as downloadable PDF’s. They
will not be sold anywhere else.
Sign up at anytime during 2010 and receive all the patterns and additional materials.
- One scarf pattern per month, sent as a PDF to your e-mail address during
the first week of each month
- One surprise free pattern, sent to your e-mail address, sometime during
- You will receive your pattern before it is posted on the website, where
it will then be sold at its regular retail price
- Special discounts on yarns and accessories, announced at various times
throughout the year, and available only to club members
- Free instructional tutorials for special techniques
- Pattern support and knit-alongs
- Each scarf pattern will be named after a country or a continent. By the
end of the year, you will have travelled around the world.
- The patterns will cover a wide range of styles and techniques. But they
will all be within the range of the average knitter. Although some patterns
will be more complex than others, full explanations of the techniques involved
will be included in each pattern.
- You can expect lace, openwork, colourwork, and textured stitches.
- There will be scarves suitable for men and children, too. A couple of the
patterns will also work as cowls or neck warmers.
- And, of course, many of them will be sized for shawls as well.
- The yarns used range from fingering to worsted weight.
Annual membership: $75.00 CAD
You may cancel your membership at any time. You will be refunded the full amount
you paid minus the total of the retail prices for any PDF’s
you had already received.
If you have any questions about registration, payment, or other details about
the club, please e-mail
Can’t decide? Don’t worry. You can sign up for membership at anytime
and receive all 13 patterns.
Take the worry out of what to knit next. Join the international Year
of the Scarf!
Members of the Knitting Club are From These Countries:
British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Northwest Territories
Alabama Arizona California
Colorado Connecticut Florida
Hawaii Idaho Illinois
Massachusetts Minnesota Michigan Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire
New Jersey New Mexico
New York North Carolina
Pennsylvania Rhode Island
France Japan Italy